We are pleased that you are visiting our website. The protection and security of your personal information when using our website is very important to us. We would therefore like to inform you at this point which of your personal data we collect when you visit our website and for what purposes it is used.
This data protection declaration applies to the website of the Bundessteuerberaterkammer K.d.ö.R., which can be reached under the domain www.german-tax-advisers.eu as well as the various subdomains ("our website").
Who is responsible and how do I contact you?
for the processing of personal data within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Data protection officer
The data protection officer of the German Federal Chamber of Tax Consultants can be reached at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is this about?
This data protection declaration meets the legal requirements for transparency in the processing of personal data. This is all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, your age, your address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your e-mail address, your IP address or user behavior when visiting a website. Information with which we cannot (or only with disproportionate effort) relate to you personally, e.g. through anonymization, are not personal data. The processing of personal data (e.g. the collection, querying, use, storage or transmission) always requires a legal basis and a defined purpose.
Stored personal data are deleted as soon as the purpose of the Processing has been achieved and there are no legitimate reasons for further retention of the data. We will inform you about the specific storage periods and criteria for storage in the individual processing operations. Regardless of this, we store your personal data in individual cases to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and if there are statutory retention requirements.
Who gets my data?
We only pass on your personal data that we process on our website to third parties if this is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes and in individual cases is covered by the legal basis (e.g. consent or protection of legitimate interests). In addition, we pass on personal data to third parties in individual cases if this serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. Possible recipients can then e.g. Law enforcement authorities, lawyers, auditors, courts, etc.
Insofar as we use service providers for the operation of our website who, as part of order processing on our behalf, provide personal data in accordance with. Process Art. 28 GDPR, these recipients of your personal data can be. You can find more detailed information on the use of processors and web services in the overview of the individual processing operations.
What rights do I have?
Under the conditions of the statutory provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you as a data subject have the following rights:
- Information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR about the data stored about you in the form of meaningful information on the details of the processing and a copy of your data;
- Correction in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR of inaccurate or incomplete data stored by us;
- Deletion in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR of the data stored by us, insofar as the processing is not necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Restriction of the processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the correctness of the data is disputed, the processing is unlawful, we no longer need the data and you refuse to delete it, because you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
- Data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, insofar as you have provided us with personal data within the framework of consent pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR or on the basis of a contract pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 lit.b GDPR and these were processed by us by means of automated procedures. You receive your data in a structured, common and machine-readable format or we transmit the data directly to another responsible person, as far as this is technically feasible.
- In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you object to the processing of your personal data, insofar as they are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. e, f GDPR and there are reasons for doing so, which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing. The right to object does not exist if overriding, overriding reasons for processing are proven or if the processing is carried out for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims. Insofar as there is no right to object in individual processing operations, this is indicated therein.
- Revocation in accordance with Art. 7 sec. 3 GDPR of your given consent with effect for the future.
- Complaint under Art. 77 GDPR to a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your workplace or our company headquarters.
How will my data be processed in detail?
In the following we will inform you about the individual processing operations, the scope and purpose of the data processing, the legal basis, the obligation to provide your data and the respective storage period. An automated decision in individual cases, including profiling, does not take place.
Provision of the website
Type and scope of processing
When you visit and use our website, we collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. The following information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file:
IP address of the requesting computer
Date and time of access
Name and URL the retrieved file
website from which access is made (referrer URL)
browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your access provider
Our website is not hosted by us, but by a service provider who for the purpose of the aforementioned data on our behalf in accordance with. Art. 28 GDPR processed.
Purpose and legal basis
The processing is carried out to safeguard our overriding legitimate interest in displaying our website and ensuring security and stability on the basis of the Art. 6 para. Lit. f GDPR. The collection of data and storage in log files is essential for the operation of the website. There is no right to object to the processing due to the exception according to Art. 21 Paragraph 1 GDPR. Insofar as the further storage of the log files is required by law, the processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR. There is no legal or contractual obligation to provide the data, but it is technically not possible to call up our website without providing the data.
The aforementioned data are used for the duration of the display of the website and for technical reasons beyond that for a maximum of 14 days.
Type and scope of processing
We have integrated Vimeo Video on our website. Vimeo Video is a component of Vimeo, LLC's video platform, where users can upload content, share it over the Internet, and receive detailed statistics.
Vimeo Video allows us to integrate content from the platform into our website.
When you access this content, you connect to Vimeo, LLC servers, 555 W 18th St, New York, New York 10011, transmitting your IP address and, if applicable, browser data such as your user agent.
Purpose and legal basis
The use of the service is based on our legitimate interests, i.e. interest in a platform-independent provision of content in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. f. GDPR.